- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sauté 2 tablespoons of butter and onion until soft and translucent, reserve.
- Evenly divide ground beef into 12 balls, press into patties slightly larger than the brioche rolls. Generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet, press patties into pan to develop crust on first side. Cook for 4 minutes, and turn.
- Place a spoonful of onions over the patty and a pinch of cheese over each. Add a splash of water and cover for 1 minute.
- Transfer to bottom bun, and top with hamburger pickle chips, ketchup and top bun.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen