3 dozen poppers
Get ready to add some excitement to your gatherings with these delectable Party Poppers. These bite-sized treats masterfully combine the natural sweetness of dates, the creaminess of Brie, a hint of almond crunch and the savory embrace of bacon.
Kick things off by preheating your oven to 375°F. Gently slice the dates, making a pocket for a morsel of Brie and a hint of almond. Next, wrap each date in a snug bacon blanket, using a toothpick to keep everything in place. A sprinkle of black pepper on top adds a subtle zest.
Lay your Poppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake. As they cook for about 15 minutes, the bacon achieves a crispy finish, the Brie turns delightfully gooey, and the aroma is nothing short of inviting.
Fresh from the oven, these Party Poppers are a delightful dance of textures and flavors: sweet meets savory, soft complements crunch. Serve them warm and witness them become the star of your spread.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut dates in half, lengthwise.
- Cut brie into bite-size pieces, about the size of a peanut.
- Place a piece of brie and 4 almond pieces on open half of date. Place other half on top.
- Quarter bacon slices, wrap tightly around stuffed date and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place wrapped dates on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen