20 minutes (plus 1 hour to chill)
Pumpkin Pie Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Chips
Classic Pumpkin Pie flavor packed into a light and fluffy appetizer.
1. For the pumpkin pie dip: With a mixer, beat heavy cream and pudding, add sugar then mix until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add pumpkin pie mix, stir to combine. Pour into serving dish of your choice and chill for up to an hour.
3. When ready to serve, sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon to garnish.
4. For the chips: preheat oven to 450°. Roll out pie crust onto parchment paper. Using a shot glass or medium sized round cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes as you can.
5. If desired, to create an oval or leaf shape, use the shot glass or cookie cutter to remove a sliver of the circle.
6. Pinch the tail end of the dough to give it a "stem". Using a paring knife, gently score the dough piece to create leaf texture details.
7. Mix the melted butter, sugar and cinnamon until well combined and brush mixture generously over chips.
8. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned. Allow to cool before serving with the pumpkin pie dip.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jose,
ALDI Test Kitchen