Tomato and Goat Cheese Santas
Tomato, garlic & herb goat cheese and basil make for a quick party appetizer.
- Cut a thin slice off each end of the cherry tomatoes, creating a flat base. Slice them in half lengthwise, without cutting to the other side.
- Remove the seeds from the tomato and fill each with goat cheese, allowing for a small amount of goat cheese to be exposed. Stand each on a platter.
- Roll each basil leaf into a cylinder, attach it to the tomato by placing it against the exposed goat cheese.
- Whip the Neufchâtel cheese and 1 tablespoon of milk until smooth. Put the mixture into a storage bag. Cut the corner off the storage bag and pipe a round ball onto the tops of each tomato, forming the “head.”
- Place a grape tomato half “hat” on top of each Neufchâtel “head.” Pipe a tiny dot of Neufchâtel cheese on the top of the “hat.”
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey, ALDI Test Kitchen