Number of Servings:
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cornbread
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Lay bacon strips in nonstick skillet, turning until crispy. Remove from heat to paper towel lined plate.
3. Once bacon is cooled and drained, roughly chop into small pieces. Reserve.
4. In large mixing bowl, prepare corn muffin mix according to package instructions. Stir in chopped bacon and remaining ingredients.
5. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Transfer batter to pan.
6. Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Tip: Happy Farms Whipped Cream Cheese makes an excellent spread on the finished cornbread!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen