15 minutes (plus 1 hour to chill)
45 minutes (plus 1 hour to chill)
Jalapeño Corn Bread with Lime Jalapeño Cream
- For the lime jalapeño cream: In a blender, combine yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, jalapeño and garlic. Pulse until fully combined. Transfer to a small bowl and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- For the jalapeño corn bread: Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Coat a 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and avocado until combined.
- Empty corn muffin mix into a large bowl. Add avocado mixture, stir until just combined and some lumps are still visible.
- Fold in jalapeño, onion, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, corn and garlic. Allow batter to sit for 6 minutes before pouring into prepared 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until center of corn bread is solid. Top with remaining ¼ cup cheddar cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top each piece with a dollop of lime jalapeño cream.
TIP: To increase the level of spice for the corn bread, simply add more diced jalapeños, or don't seed them. 1 jalapeño=Mild, 2 jalapeños=Medium, 3 jalapeños=Spicy, 4 jalapeños=Very Spicy
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen