Loaded Wing Dip With Beer Caramelized Onions
A twist on classic buffalo chicken dip, loaded with flavor, melty cheese and everything you want for the Big Game.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat and add the butter. Add the sliced onions with the salt and pepper and stir. Cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the pilsner and cook, stirring often, until the onions caramelize, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, almost all of the cheese, the hot sauce, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ranch and blue cheese.
- Once combined, stir in the caramelized onions and shredded chicken. Spread the mixture in a baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Add another drizzle of BBQ sauce, buffalo and honey mustard.
- Bake the dip for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly and hot. Serve immediately with carrot sticks, celery sticks, crackers and chips.
Recipe and image courtesy of @howsweeteats.