8 (4 stuffed acorn squash halves)
Acorn Squash Stuffing
Cozy, vegetarian acorn squash stuffing for Thanksgiving.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave the acorn squash for 2 minutes to soften slightly before cutting each in half. Scoop out the seeds to create a hollow in the center of each.
- Lightly brush each squash half with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place face down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender, but not mushy, when pierced with a fork.
- Prepare the stuffing by heating the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the celery, onion and garlic and season with sage, rosemary, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies are starting to soften.
- Remove from heat and add one full package of Chef’s Cupboard Tuscan Seasoned Stuffing, dried cranberries, green onions and pecans. Stir to combine.
- Add vegetable stock and egg, stirring to combine.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into roasted acorn squash halves. Return to the oven to continue roasting at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, until the stuffing is browned and the squash is caramelized on top.
Recipe and image courtesy of @phenomenalphoods.