1 hour, 29 minutes
1 hour, 49 minutes
Apple-Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat an 8-inch square-baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the corn muffin mix, eggs and water in a bowl. Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake according to package directions for cornbread. Remove from the oven and cool 15 minutes. When cooled, cut the cornbread into 3/4-inch cubes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, 7-8 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the cornbread.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat the olive oil. Stir in the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and sage. Stirring occasionally, cook until lightly golden and tender, 15-16 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the cornbread. Add the apples, broth, salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to an 8-inch square-baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake the stuffing, covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the top is browned and crisp, about 15-20 minutes longer.
Recipe Courtesy of Taste of Home