Carrot Potato Puree
Choose between red skin or sweet potatoes for this two-in-one combination.
- Place the carrots in a microwave safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave for 4-6 minutes, or until tender. Drain water. Reserve carrots.
- Individually wrap each potato with a wet paper towel, microwave for 10 minutes, or until cooked through in the center. Slice open and scoop out the flesh. Combine potato flesh with the carrots. Discard the skin.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, toast the pecans for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, stir frequently. Reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Transfer the carrots and potatoes to a food processor. Puree, add the remaining oil, orange zest and pecans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
TIP: Reserve some pecans for garnish.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 210 Total Fat 15g Sodium 65mg Total Carbohydrate 20g Fiber 5g Sugars 5g Protein 3g
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.