1 hour, 13 minutes (plus 2 days for bread prep)
Haylie Duff's family recipe Thanksgiving staple!
2 days prior
- Prepare cornbread according to directions on package. Cover with a dish towel and let dry out and get stale for two days.
- Toast two pieces of white bread and let sit out with cornbread (under a dish towel) so it gets stale.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and saute onion, celery and carrot until translucent. Add red apple and saute another two minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broken up cornbread and toasted bread. Add sage, salt, pepper and the sauteed onion, carrot, celery and apples. Combine
- Add broth one cup at a time and gently fold all the ingredients until mixed well.
- Add eggs and pour stuffing into a greased glass casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of Haylie Duff, Real Girl's Kitchen