2 hours, 15 minutes
Nature's Sweet Treat
- Preheat oven to 225°.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar on baking sheet.
- Slice apples as thinly as possible, crosswise. Remove seeds and lay on baking sheet. Do not overlap.
- Mix together remaining powdered sugar and maple syrup. Brush apple slices with half of the syrup mixture and bake for 1 hour. Reserve remaining syrup mixture.
- Rotate pan and bake for 30 minutes. Apples should dry out and begin to curl around the edges.
- Combine walnuts, raisins, cranberries and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Brush apples with remaining syrup mixture. Top with dried fruit and nut mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen