Big Game Potato Poppers
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, whipping cream, butter, salt and pepper. Stir well with a whisk.
- Fold bacon, onion, garlic, chives and parmesan cheese into mashed potatoes.
- Chill mashed potatoes for 1 hour until firm.
- Scoop one tablespoon mashed potatoes, place one teaspoon cheddar cheese on top, then form the potatoes around the cheese, in the form of a mini football.
- Whisk egg whites with water. Dip mini footballs in egg, then bread crumbs. Place breaded mini footballs in the freezer for 20 minutes before frying.
- In a large pot, heat oil to 400º. Fry mini footballs until golden brown, working in batches.
- Whisk together cream cheese and sour cream. Use to pipe laces onto the footballs.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
TIP: Create a piping bag by snipping the corner from a zip top bag.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen