Goat Cheese & Cherry Latkes
Not your traditional potato pancakes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place a strainer in a large bowl with water. Peel the potatoes and place in a bowl of water until ready to use. Grate the potatoes and onion and place the mixture in the prepared strainer. Rinse the potato/onion mixture until the water runs clear. Place the mixture on a towel-lined baking sheet to dry.
- In a large bowl, combine potato/onion mixture, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of mixture, flatten into a pancake shape, and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer cooked latkes to a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet to allow excess oil to drain.
- Place cooked latkes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes to heat through.
- Prepare topping: In a medium bowl, combine lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, cream cheese, goat cheese and crushed red pepper.
- To assemble: Top each latke with 1 teaspoon of goat cheese topping, 1 teaspoon of pecans and 1 cherry.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen