St. Patty’s Nuggets
Sweet potato and pea fritters served with spicy sour cream dipping sauce.
- In a medium pot, cover the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and return to pot. Over low heat, stir the potatoes until completely dry. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mash the potatoes until smooth, add 1 egg, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, pepper and peas. Mix to combine and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Place the following in 3 medium bowls: flour combined with remaining ½ teaspoon salt, remaining eggs and bread crumbs.
- Portion the potato mixture into 1-inch balls. Bread them by coating them first in flour, then egg and finally bread crumbs. Fry in the oil for 3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Drain on a paper towel.
- For dipping sauce: In a blender, combine all sauce ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Serve alongside the nuggets.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen