Bratwurst Potato Pancake Sliders
- In a small sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions until translucent.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic powder, parsley flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the cooked onion and bratwurst or pork-beer mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, form into 2" patties.
- Heat a medium frying pan, sear patties, continue heating until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the egg and beer. Add the shredded potatoes and combine thoroughly.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, coat with cooking spray. In batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet. Press to flatten into 2" rounds. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp. Should yield approximately 24 rounds.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and red cabbage.
- Slider assembly: Layer one potato pancake, bratwurst patty, 1 tablespoon of sour cream mixture, top with one potato pancake. Skewer with a toothpick.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen