Cheesy Zombie Fingers
A ghoulishly simple, made-from-scratch cheesy breadstick loaded with pesto sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium bowl, stir together water, yeast and sugar until dissolved. Stir in mozzarella, ¼ cup pesto and salt. Mix in flour until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead for 2-3 minutes adding flour as needed.
- Place in a bowl, cover in plastic wrap and rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Tear off 1-inch pieces of dough and roll into skinny, finger-length shapes. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet 1-inch apart. Brush with remaining ¼ cup pesto.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Wrap each finger with slices of prosciutto and insert an almond into the top to look like a fingernails.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce on the side.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen