Korean Nachos with Mandarin Orange Salsa
Fire up your wok and your taste buds for the big game with this take on Korean barbecue.
- For the kimchi: In a large bowl, combine cabbage and salt. Mix thoroughly, let sit at least 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, return to bowl. Add onion and pear.
- In a blender, combine vinegar, garlic, mandarin orange juice, rice and Sriracha. Blend until smooth. Add Sriracha vinegar mixture to cabbage mixture; mix until thoroughly combined. Cover with lid or plastic wrap; let sit on countertop a minimum of 20 minutes to overnight.
- For the beef: In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, cola, lime juice, ginger and garlic. Whisk thoroughly. Add beef, marinate a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- In a wok or large pan, over high heat, heat olive oil. Working in batches, cook the beef 1 cup at a time, remove from pan, reserve. Reduce heat to medium low, simmer any remaining liquid until thickened, approximately 10 minutes.
- For the salsa: In a medium bowl, combine reserved mandarin oranges, cucumber, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, reserve.
- On a large platter or bowl, spread a layer of tortilla chips. Top chips with desired amount of beef, sprinkle kimchi on top of beef, drizzle reserved marinade over kimchi, top with desired amount of salsa.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen