Savory Shrimp Salad Romaine Bites
This bite of shrimp, cranberry and sweet potato salad on crisp romaine is sure to awaken your taste buds for a holiday feast.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- For the vinaigrette: In a blender, puree all ingredients until liquid is smooth; cranberries will remain slightly chunky.
- For the shrimp salad: Lay bacon slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until crispy. Reserve the bacon fat. Crumble the bacon, reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the reserved bacon fat. Add the chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss until coated.
- Spread potato mixture on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, potato mixture, vinaigrette, cilantro and reserved bacon. Toss until coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the romaine leaves on a serving platter. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture onto the root end of each romaine leaf. Serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen