Turkey Chinese Dumplings
A lean take on a popular Chinese appetizer.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and boiling water until a soft dough ball forms. On a floured surface, knead dough for 5 minutes. Divide the dough in half. Roll out dough to a 12x12-inch rectangle. Cut 15 3-inch circles. Repeat with remaining dough. Place circles on a baking sheet and wrap with plastic wrap. Make sure dough has enough flour or the circles will become too sticky.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, 2 tablespoons ginger, 2 tablespoons garlic, 2 tablespoons green onions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, corn starch and ground turkey.
- Place 1 tablespoon turkey filling in the center of 3-inch dough circle. Gently lift edges of circle and create 5 pleats, crimping together edges to form dumpling. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat, until small bubbles appear. Place half of dumplings in wok and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Gently place dumplings on their sides, add 2 tablespoons of water and cover wok. Cook for about 5 minutes or until internal temperature of dumpling is 165°. Remove dumplings and keep warm. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic, 2 tablespoons green onions and vinegar, cook until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in remaining soy sauce. Serve dumplings with sauce on the side.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen