Mini Shrimp Cakes Topped with a Citrus Aioli
A slight kick of spice with the cooling effect of an orange mayonnaise.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the shrimp cake ingredients.
- In a shallow sauté pan, add 1/4-inch worth of oil to the pan to deep fry the shrimp cakes. Heat on low heat for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, shape 2 tablespoons worth of the shrimp mix into mini patties.
- Deep fry each patty until each side is golden brown and the cake reaches an internal temp of 135°. Drain on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, zest and mayonnaise together and salt to taste.
- Plate each shrimp cake and top with a dollop of citrus aioli.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen