Bratwurst Potato Pancake Sliders
- In a small sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions until translucent.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic powder, parsley flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the cooked onion and bratwurst or pork-beer mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, form into 2" patties.
- Heat a medium frying pan, sear patties, continue heating until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the egg and beer. Add the shredded potatoes and combine thoroughly.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, coat with cooking spray. In batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet. Press to flatten into 2" rounds. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp. Should yield approximately 24 rounds.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and red cabbage.
- Slider assembly: Layer one potato pancake, bratwurst patty, 1 tablespoon of sour cream mixture, top with one potato pancake. Skewer with a toothpick.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 tablespoon Carlini Pure Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
3/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
5 Parkview Beer Bratwurst, removed from casings OR
16 ounces Appleton Farms Pork Sausage mixed with 1/4 cup Wernesgrüner Beer
1/2 cup Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Powder*
1 teaspoon Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1 Goldhen Large Egg
3/4 cup Wernesgrüner Beer
3 baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
Carlini Cooking Spray
1 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
1 cup Deutsche Küche German Style Red Cabbage with Apples*
*These are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.