Caramelized Onion Tart with Swiss & Bacon
A great savory appetizer!
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve. Add onions and cook until caramelized in appearance. Reserve.
- Combine the vegetable oil and melted butter in a small bowl. Roll out the pie crust onto a baking sheet and brush on half of the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle the pie crust with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Spread Swiss cheese evenly over the crust, leaving a 3" border. Top with the chopped bacon and onions.
- Fold the border over the filling to form a rustic edge.
- Brush sides with remaining oil and butter, then sprinkle whole tart with 2 tablespoons Romano cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jared,
ALDI Test Kitchen
6 slices Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon, chopped
2 medium onions, sliced
1 Bake House creations Pie Crust
1 tablespoon Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
8 ounces Happy Farms Swiss Cheese Block, grated
2 tablespoons Priano Romano Shredded Cheese