Butternut Squash Soup Shooters
Shot-sized soup servings to tide you over until dinner.
- In a stock pot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add garlic, onion, potato, butternut squash and boil for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Strain vegetables and reserve 1 ½ cups of stock.
- Using a blender, puree the vegetables. Slowly add reserved stock to reach a soup consistency. Add sugar, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- For the spiced cream: In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add cinnamon and nutmeg, mix for another 10 seconds.
- Pour soup into shot glasses and top each shooter with a dollop of cream.
TIP: This recipe can be made into a soup course for a sit-down dinner.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.