Oven Fried Jalapeños with Strawberry Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- For salsa: Simmer tomatoes, strawberries, vinegar, onion, garlic and sugar for 30 minutes on low heat. Cool.
- Combine tomato mixture, jalapeño, lime juice and salt in a blender; blend until smooth. Refrigerate.
- For jalapeños: Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the jalapenos, cut side down, in a single layer. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, reserve. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and water, reserve. In a third medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, reserve.
- Fill each jalapeño with cheese. Gently dredge each jalapeño in the flour, the egg, and the bread crumbs. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray tops of jalapeños with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with chilled salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 160, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Sodium: 700mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 9g