Savory Shrimp Salad Romaine Bites
This bite of shrimp, cranberry and sweet potato salad on crisp romaine is sure to awaken your taste buds for a holiday feast.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- For the vinaigrette: In a blender, puree all ingredients until liquid is smooth; cranberries will remain slightly chunky.
- For the shrimp salad: Lay bacon slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until crispy. Reserve the bacon fat. Crumble the bacon, reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the reserved bacon fat. Add the chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss until coated.
- Spread potato mixture on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, potato mixture, vinaigrette, cilantro and reserved bacon. Toss until coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the romaine leaves on a serving platter. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture onto the root end of each romaine leaf. Serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.