- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place zucchini on a paper towel and season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Allow to sit
5 minutes. Flip the zucchini over and repeat.
- Pat zucchini dry. Dredge each piece in flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs. Lay breaded zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray the tops of the zucchini with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, mozzarella and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Allow zucchini to cool on a wire rack. Add basil to tomato mixture. Top each piece of zucchini with 1 teaspoon of tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 110, Total Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 520mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 4g