Cocoa Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
Soft oatmeal cookies with a mocha drizzle.
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a food processor, add 2 cups of oatmeal and process until it resembles flour. Reserve.
3. In a large bowl, combine oatmeal flour, remaining 1/2 cup of oatmeal, chocolate morsels, salt, baking powder and chopped apples.
4. In the same food processor add dates, and gradually add egg whites, butter, almondmilk and vanilla. Process until dates appear fine.
5. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a small ice cream scoop or two tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls one inch apart. Slightly flatten each ball.
7.Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
8. While cookies are baking, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa, coffee and water until smooth.
9. Drizzle cookies with coffee glaze.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia, ALDI Test Kitchen