Apple Cranberry Chicken Orzo
- In a medium saucepan, prepare orzo according to package instructions. Reserve.
- In a large stir fry pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken pieces. Add garlic powder, ginger, ¼ cup apple cider, salt and pepper.
- Once chicken has lightly browned, add onion, carrots, asparagus, cranberries, apple and ¼ cup apple cider. Stir fry until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, combine remaining apple cider, corn starch and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth. Continue cooking until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked orzo to stir fry pan, top with the thickened sauce. Stir to combine.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Susan Whetzel, Doughmesstic
ALDI Test Kitchen Tip:
If orzo is unavailable, couscous is a flavorful alternative.
Tip by Chef Jonathan, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.