Black Bean Spiced Burgers
Zesty, flavorful, vegetarian burgers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini, onion, and carrot until vegetables are translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place vegetable mixture and remaining burger ingredients in a food processor. Process until thoroughly mixed.
- Portion into 8 patties of black bean mixture and refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- Grill patties 2 minutes and rotate 90 degrees to create a crosshatch pattern. Cook for 2 minutes, flip over and repeat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and Greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble, spread 1 slice of wheat toast with 1 tablespoon of yogurt sauce. Layer with 3 slices avocado, 2 slices tomato, 1 slice onion, 1 piece of lettuce, 1 burger patty and top with 1 slice of wheat toast.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.