Cauliflower Waffle with Chicken and Jalapeño Sauce
A healthy spin on chicken and waffles!
- In a medium pot, combine chicken and 1 cup cilantro. Fill pot with enough water to just cover chicken. Boil for 15 minutes or until chicken is tender. Shred chicken and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapenos, red onion, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and parsley to make jalapeño sauce. Blend until smooth. Reserve in small bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until it resembles rice. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower "rice" with scallions, egg, cumin, onion powder, paprika, oats and cheese. Mix until combined.
- Turn waffle maker on high. Spray with cooking spray. Working in 1/2 cup batches, scoop batter into waffle maker and cook for 10 minutes, or until waffle is cooked through. It should pull up easily from waffle maker.
- Top 1 waffle with 1/4 cup cooked chicken and drizzle 1/4 cup sauce on top of chicken. Repeat with remaining waffles. Season to taste with salt.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen