Chicken Tortilla Chili
A hearty, yet healthy version of the classic Mexican soup.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 2 cups chicken broth with one can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, cumin, paprika, chili powder, lime juice, cayenne and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add reserved chicken broth mixture, remaining 3 cups chicken broth, beans, salsa and tortilla chips. Season to taste with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream and shredded cheese.
TIP: If you don't have a food processor or blender, you can achieve the same thickening results by mashing the beans by hand.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 350 Total Fat 8g Sodium 63 mg Total Carbohydrate 24g Fiber 6g Sugars 6g Protein 29g