Fruit and Avocado Salad
Crisp and refreshing in the winter or summer.
- Supreme your citrus fruits by cutting off the top and bottom and cutting away the peel and pith, leaving no white on the outside of the fruit. Slice each segment into wedges by cutting toward the center of the fruit along the membrane. Reserve the rinds.
- Squeeze excess juice from the rinds into a small bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper and onions. Whisk until dressing holds together.
- Place lettuce on a plate, top with citrus slices and avocado.
- Sprinkle with blueberries, blue cheese and pecans.
- Drizzle dressing over top and serve. Leftover dressing may be stored in refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.