Fruit and Avocado Salad
Crisp and refreshing in the winter or summer.
- Supreme your citrus fruits by cutting off the top and bottom and cutting away the peel and pith, leaving no white on the outside of the fruit. Slice each segment into wedges by cutting toward the center of the fruit along the membrane. Reserve the rinds.
- Squeeze excess juice from the rinds into a small bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper and onions. Whisk until dressing holds together.
- Place lettuce on a plate, top with citrus slices and avocado.
- Sprinkle with blueberries, blue cheese and pecans.
- Drizzle dressing over top and serve. Leftover dressing may be stored in refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 259, Total Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 173mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Dietary Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 4g