Gluten Free Romesco Penne
A unique way to use pantry items you already have on hand.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- On a baking sheet, place bell peppers cut side down with unpeeled garlic. Broil peppers and garlic until skins become dark and blistered, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven, place in a medium bowl with a lid; let rest 5 minutes. Peel skins from peppers and garlic; discard.
- In a blender, combine peppers, garlic, tomatoes, almonds, vinegar and 2 tablespoons parsley; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional vinegar.
- Pat chicken or scallops until dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large pan, over high heat, heat olive oil. Sear scallops or chicken until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion and minced garlic, sauté an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add the wine; sauté 2 minutes. Add penne, chicken broth and roasted pepper mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until pasta is tender, about 15-17 minutes. Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons chopped parsley.
TIP: Looking to add more flavor to your dish? Add a tablespoon of lemon juice before blending the sauce!
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 490 Total Fat 14g Sodium 680mg Total Carbohydrate 73g Fiber 6g Sugars 4g Protein 18g