Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Skewers with Lemon-Cucumber Salsa
Sweet and tart flavors enhance this grilled chicken dish.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove rind from pineapple and dice into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and pineapple; toss to coat.
- Alternating chicken and pineapple, pierce onto skewers.
- Grill for 8 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl combine lemon, cucumber, onion, honey and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Serve lemon-cucumber salsa over cooked chicken skewers.
TIP: Supreme citrus fruit by cutting off the top and bottom of the fruit, then cut away the peel and pith, leaving no white on the outside of the fruit. Slice each segment into wedges by cutting toward the center of the fruit along the membrane.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 410 Total Fat 12g Sodium 480 mg Total Carbohydrate 40g Fiber 5g Sugars 29g Protein 40g