Grilled Strip Steak Skewers with Pear Slaw
- In a baking pan, soak 20 10-inch wood skewers in water. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 teaspoon garlic.
- Trim the fat from the strip steak, then cut the steak across the grain into about 20 ¼-inch slices. In a resealable bag, combine the marinade and steak. Marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Remove skewers from the water. Skewer the strip steak.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steak skewers for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and allow to cool. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, ½ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon garlic, lime juice, oil, agave nectar and crushed red pepper. Add the cabbage, carrot, radish, cilantro, basil, green onion, red onion and pear. Toss until coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the skewers on the slaw.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.