Haricots Verts Salmon Salad
- In a medium frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion and peppers, cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a large saucepan, add wine, 8 cups of water and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook until tender.
- Remove the green beans from the water and add the salmon fillets, turn off the heat.
- Leave the salmon fillets in the water for 15 minutes to cook.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended.
- While the green beans are still warm, place them in a mixing bowl and add the red pepper, onion, tomatoes, fresh spinach, peanuts and lemon juice. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the salad mixture onto 4 bowls or plates, top each with a cooked salmon fillet. Serve with one tablespoon of the dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 420, Total Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Sodium: 280mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 28g