Haricots Verts Salmon Salad
- In a medium frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion and peppers, cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a large saucepan, add wine, 8 cups of water and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook until tender.
- Remove the green beans from the water and add the salmon fillets, turn off the heat.
- Leave the salmon fillets in the water for 15 minutes to cook.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended.
- While the green beans are still warm, place them in a mixing bowl and add the red pepper, onion, tomatoes, fresh spinach, peanuts and lemon juice. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the salad mixture onto 4 bowls or plates, top each with a cooked salmon fillet. Serve with one tablespoon of the dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.