Honey Garlic Pulled Chicken with Pineapple Slaw
A tasty slow cooker pulled chicken served alongside a sweet and spicy pineapple slaw.
- For the chicken: In a slow cooker, add soy sauce, honey and garlic. Stir until honey is dissolved. Add chicken and coat in sauce.
- Turn slow cooker on high and cook for 2 hours. Turn chicken and continue cooking another 2 hours.
- For the slaw: In a large bowl, combine pineapple, cabbage, green onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Toss with cabbage mixture and refrigerate.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Discard bones and shred the meat. Keep warm.
- Strain the liquid into a small saucepan. Cook on high until reduced by half. Toss with shredded chicken.
- Serve chicken alongside slaw and your favorite tortillas.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen