Jerk Chicken Broth Bowl
- In a blender, combine half of the red onion, jalapeños, 6 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, allspice, cloves and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Blend until smooth. In a zip top bag, combine marinade and chicken breasts; marinate a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Place chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Evenly distribute remaining marinade among chicken breasts. Roast chicken until a thermometer inserted reads 165°, about 25-35 minutes. Remove from oven; let rest 3 minutes. Thinly slice on a bias.
- On a separate baking sheet, place spaghetti squash cut side up. Rub with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast cut side down in oven with chicken until tender about 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool. Using a fork, shred flesh into long noodle-like strands.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, over medium-low heat, heat chicken broth, remaining 2 cloves garlic and cumin. Simmer until ready to use; remove garlic cloves.
- To assemble: Evenly divide spaghetti squash "noodles" among 8 bowls. Top with broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, cabbage, remaining half onion and pineapple chunks. Pour desired amount of hot broth into bowl. Top with sliced chicken. Garnish with remaining half of cilantro and lime wedges.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.