Korma-Style Chicken Stew
- In a large zip bag, combine the yogurt and chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the onion, sauté until soft. Add the garlic, cook 1 minute. Remove from pan.
- In a blender, combine the water and coconut flakes. Blend for 5 minutes. Strain over a bowl, reserve the liquid. Rinse the blender and blend the coconut water, onion, garlic and cashews until smooth.
- In the skillet, combine the onion mixture, chicken and yogurt, sweet potatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook for 50 minutes. Add the cumin, salt, tomato paste, paprika, ginger and crushed red pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until potatoes begin to break down and chicken is cooked through.
- Before serving, stir in the cilantro. Plate over cooked rice garnished with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of additional cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.