Lighter Baked Gnocchi Bolognese
Whole wheat gnocchi topped with savory turkey Bolognese sauce and melted cheese.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no pink remains, breaking apart the meat thoroughly.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain.
- Heat broiler on high.
- Add fresh parsley to sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Toss gnocchi with half of the Bolognese. Place in an oven-safe casserole dish. Top with remaining Bolognese, and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown, 3-4 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 440, Total Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g, Sodium: 760mg, Carbohydrates: 47g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 23g