Maple Walnut Crusted Sockeye Salmon
- In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, 2 tablespoons syrup and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Combine the marinade and salmon in a twin lock bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the walnuts, 2 tablespoons syrup and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Spread on a baking pan and bake for 5-10 minutes until the syrup is bubbling. Allow to cool. Crumble and reserve.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and season both sides to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Sear the salmon skin side down for 1-2 minutes, until the skin is crispy. Turn and sear for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat. Turn the fillets, skin side facing down. Top fillets with the candied walnuts. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon syrup. Gradually whisk in the oil. Add the arugula, toss and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the fish to plates and top with arugula and any remaining candied walnuts.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.