Maple Walnut Crusted Sockeye Salmon
- In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, 2 tablespoons syrup and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Combine the marinade and salmon in a twin lock bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the walnuts, 2 tablespoons syrup and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Spread on a baking pan and bake for 5-10 minutes until the syrup is bubbling. Allow to cool. Crumble and reserve.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and season both sides to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Sear the salmon skin side down for 1-2 minutes, until the skin is crispy. Turn and sear for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat. Turn the fillets, skin side facing down. Top fillets with the candied walnuts. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon syrup. Gradually whisk in the oil. Add the arugula, toss and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the fish to plates and top with arugula and any remaining candied walnuts.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen