Seared Tilapia with Pea Puree
- For the marinade: In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, zest of 1/2 lemon and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Pour the marinade into a gallon size resealable bag. Add the fish fillets, refrigerate.
- For the puree: In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining oil over low heat. Add the onions, cook for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the wine, reduce over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the pea mixture into a blender; add salt, pepper, garlic powder, green onions and the remaining lemon zest. Puree until smooth, transfer to a serving bowl.
- For the fish: Remove the fillets from the marinade. Season both sides of the fish to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat. Sear the fish for 2 minutes, flip, finish cooking for 2 minutes or until flaky. Transfer to a serving platter.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.