Southwest Stuffed Peppers
Gluten free stuffed peppers with a southwest flair!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice, ¼ teaspoon salt, remaining seasonings and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Season peppers with oil and remaining salt and pepper. Grill for 4 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet, sauté garlic, onions, jalapeños, zucchini and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, tomatoes, cilantro, beans and corn. Sauté for 5 minutes, season to taste with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Scoop rice filling into grilled peppers and top with sliced avocado.
TIP: For a spicier dish, use poblano peppers if available.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.