Spinach Cream Sauce with Turkey Italian Sausage Over Linguine
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare linguine according to package instructions.
- In a large saucepan, brown the sausage over medium-high heat. Reserve. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes to soften. Lower heat to medium. Add garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and spinach. Stir constantly to help wilt and break down the spinach.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetable mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add milk and continue stirring until sauce thickens. Return sausage to pan. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to sauce mixture and toss to combine. Garnish each serving with chopped tomato, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 390, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 510mg, Carbohydrates: 51g, Dietary Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 23g