Stuffed Chicken with Red Pepper Coulis
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- For the red pepper coulis: In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add the quartered bell peppers and cook for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Add tomato paste and chicken broth, simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add to blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the stuffed chicken: In a medium bowl, combine the crushed cereal, garlic, parsley, basil, parmesan, eggs and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Pound chicken to a ¼-inch thickness. Layer julienned bell peppers and zucchini strips on the chicken pieces. Spread crumb mixture on top, roll up to enclose the filling. Secure with toothpicks.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer the skillet to the oven, cook until chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Serve with the coulis.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen
Nutritional Information per Serving
- Calories: 460, Total Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 770mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 36g