Swiss Steak with Cauliflower and Potato Puree
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté bell peppers and onions for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove vegetables from pan, reserve.
- Season both sides of cubed steak with salt and pepper, to taste. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Sear steak on each side, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add tomato sauce and beef broth. Cover the pan and cook on medium-low for 1 hour and 30 minutes until beef is tender and broth has been reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, for puree: Place potatoes in a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, drain.
- Place cauliflower in a separate saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, drain.
- To a food processor, add potatoes, cauliflower, chicken broth and sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. To serve, top puree with Swiss steak.
Recipe Courtesy ALDI Test Kitchen
Inspired by Scott Essiambie, Webberville Store #90, Manager
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories: 540, Total Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 2030mg, Carbohydrates: 55g, Dietary Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 11g, Protein: 51g