Spring Veggie Fried Rice
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, return to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, asparagus and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add rice, soy sauce and peas to skillet; cook for 3 minutes. Move rice to one side of pan and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to empty space in pan. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and toss well before serving.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Kristen Doyle, Dine & Dish
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional. Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.