Carrot Potato Puree
Choose between red skin or sweet potatoes for this two-in-one combination.
- Place the carrots in a microwave safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave for 4-6 minutes, or until tender. Drain water. Reserve carrots.
- Individually wrap each potato with a wet paper towel, microwave for 10 minutes, or until cooked through in the center. Slice open and scoop out the flesh. Combine potato flesh with the carrots. Discard the skin.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, toast the pecans for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, stir frequently. Reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Transfer the carrots and potatoes to a food processor. Puree, add the remaining oil, orange zest and pecans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
TIP: Reserve some pecans for garnish.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 210 Total Fat 15g Sodium 65mg Total Carbohydrate 20g Fiber 5g Sugars 5g Protein 3g