Portabella Mushroom Burger
Topped with kale and a feta oregano spread.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Whisk until combined. Pour into a sealable bag. Add the mushrooms, refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, hot sauce, oregano, feta, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir until combined.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Remove mushrooms from the marinade. Reserve the marinade. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper, to taste. Sear each side for 4 minutes or until tender. Reserve.
- Heat a medium skillet over low-medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add the kale and ¼ cup reserved marinade. Sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve.
- To assemble burger: Spread the sour cream mixture onto the top and bottom of the burger bun. Top the bottom bun with kale, followed by two mushrooms. Top with the other bun and serve.
TIP: For a bunless burger, use the mushrooms as buns and place the topping in the center.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 370 Total Fat 16g Sodium 970mg Total Carbohydrate 43g Fiber 5g Sugars 12g Protein 18g